At Loring Ward, we try to make things easier for the people we work with — and in that spirit we’d like to offer you two easy holiday recipes that will impress your friends and family without requiring any special culinary skills.
Holiday Pretzel-Chocolate Treats
Large bag windowpane-shaped pretzels
Plain M&M candies (red and green)
Large bag Hershey’s Hugs chocolates
Large bag Hershey’s Kisses (plain)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Place unbroken pretzels on wax paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel. On a separate cookie sheet, place unwrapped Kiss on each pretzel. (The Hugs melt faster than the Kisses so keep on separate cookie sheets.)
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 4 minutes for the Hugs; 5-6 minutes for the Kisses.
- Remove from oven and immediately place one M&M on top of each chocolate pretzel, lightly pressing.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes for chocolate to reset.
If that recipe seems daunting, you might prefer William Chettle’s “recipe” for egg nog:
William’s Easy Egg Nog
- Go to your favorite grocery store.
- Buy egg nog.
- Place in your refrigerator until guests arrive.
- Mix egg nog with your choice of holiday spirits; I prefer mediocre whisky at about 1 part whisky to 4 parts egg nog.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus and Happy New Year from your friends at Loring Ward!